Friday, March 14, 2008

Buffalo Wild Wings

I'm not particularly fond of buffalo wings. In fact, that's an understatement. Nonetheless, I accompanied some friends to a nearby Buffalo Wild Wings on St. Patrick's Day Weekend. Although my buddies consumed some 150 wings between the lot of them, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (a safe choice, you would think). The dish presentation was good, nicely grilled boneless chicken breast, apparently marinaded in mesquite flavoring, on sesame bun, well-done with a dill pickle on the side and lightly seasoned potato wedges. I took a bite of the sandwich, it was cold. It wasn't the best tasting sandwich, and it didn't even rival, Chick-fil-A at half the price. I was too hungry to complain to the waiter, and already 45 minutes had lapsed between the time that we were seated to the time that we were served. I chose instead to round-off a sleep-deprived week with a pitcher of Blue Moon. My buddies truly enjoyed the sloppiness of the many differently flavored wings that were piled up on the table's center, messy indeed especially with the shortage of napkins. The moral of the story is to avoid glancing through the menu when you dine at a place known specifically for its wings. Get the product that is advertised on their logo.

No comments: