Thursday, March 27, 2008

Feedback for Peers Part II

Missilier--He is a laid back guy (in a good way) who doesn’t sweat the small stuff, and performs well under pressure. He has gone out of his way to assist others and even offered up his truck to those who don't have transportation. He is an excellent team member, and I consider him a friend.

JSTARS Pilot--I withdraw my initial DG vote for him becasue: 1. He is a micro-manager that holds everyone to "his" standards which may or may not be the best. 2. His loud praise of others in front of the team seems very insincere especially when it comes in Maj Z's presence. He seems disingenuous in his overly supportive tone. 3. I am a people-person, and have learned about him, his wife's profession, his daughter's name, his past AF struggles, etc., but he has spent zero time learning about things that are important to me, even when I've opened the door. On to the positive: 1. He can always be trusted to do the right thing. I believe that his integrity is uncompromising. 2. He is highly ambitious, and I see a bright future for him as a leader in the AF. 3. He is very dependable and caring. He is an asset to the AF

C-17/Global Hawk Pilot--He is extremely intelligent and a critical thinker. He has earned my respect. His non-verbals aren't as noticeable, and I believe he has grown from a group member to a team member. He's still a smart-@ most times, but I think that he'll get better with age. He can sometimes be an @ because he speaks (whispers) before thinking about how his message will be received (hurtful to others). He might not care. Anyway, it bears mentioning that he was undefeated in "ALL" his Project X tasks. That isn't a coincidence. He is a great problem-solver, and I loudly acknowledge his strengths. He has grown on me, and I would gladly go to war with him. Despite being highly critical sometimes, he is one of two flight peers that I could enthusiastically follow. He will make a great leader in the AF. He needs to enhance his soft skills, but he truly has my DG vote!!!

Comm Officer--He is the peer that I can most relate to and admire. He's a no nonsense, let's get to business, accomplish the mission, kinda guy. He's ambitious and an achiever. He sets out to accomplish something, sees things through, and attains his goals both personally and professionally. He doesn't tolerate those who don't pull their own weight and holds himself as well as others accountable. He is a quick study when it comes to people. His soft skills are stellar, and they'll serve him well as he rises through the AF ranks. He is dependable, caring, intelligent, and selfless. He truly exercises sound judgment, and I have no doubt that He will be successfull both in the Air Force and in his civilian life thereafter. He is one of two flight peers that I could enthusiastically follow. I would like to have seen him take on more responsibilities in the flight, but he has my DG vote "hands down!"

JAG Officer--I'd like to know his IQ only to confirm what I already know, it's HIGH. My proverbial father once told me something like this, "A man's wisdom alone guarantees nothing. A man's labor alone will bring him success. But a man who combines wisdom and labor can achieve limitless things." Make sure that you're doing both.

HC-130 Pilot--He isn't the most motivated person in the world unless golf is involved. He is however very intelligent, trustworthy, exersises sound judgment, and a great member of our team. I see great things in his future whether he decides to stay in the AF or goes to work for FedEx.

Acquisition Officer--High energy, dependable, caring, willing to assist, likeable, easy-going, easy to talk to, a friend.

Intel Officer--Smart, dependable, eager to assist, caring, trustworthy, warm.

EWO Officer AC-130 Gunship--AEF warrior, shared experiences and knowledge with flight. Andy sometimes has a hard time deciphering when someone is joking or being serious. He otherwise has a great sense of humor and is great team player. He's a great officer that exercises good judgment. It's been a pleasure getting to know him.

Personnelist--Highly spirited and engergetic. Her enthusiasm is contagious. She is witty and lights up the room. I've very much enjoyed my interactions with her. She has a promising career in the AF, and I expect to hear great things from her in the future.

Flight Nurse--Witty, endearing, warm, friendly, sagacious. She is an asset to the AF. She possesses a wealth of knowledge and experience and is a helluva officer. I'm proud to serve with her.

Reserve Pilot C-130--Peacemaker…You couldn't find a modicum of friction between him and any other flight members, even if you tried. He is FAO-ready and has diplomat potential. He is gregarious and posesses a high degree of decorum. He is truly an asset to the AF and his reserve unit.

Mx Officer--If the baby is ugly, He will call it ugly. He has the necessary people skills to be a great FGO and above. He has a great sense of humor and knows how to lead. I expect to hear great things from him in the future. He exercises sound judgment and is well-liked.

No comments: